Training Entry Requirements
Being a mediator is both an honour and a privilege. Admission to the UCT/MiM Mediation Training Course is accordingly not automatic.
To be eligible for selection applicants must:
- Provide two character references;
- Confirm that he/she:
Not tout for a mediation assignment and thereby undermine the mediation process;
Provide a brief bio-sketch/CV including reasons why you want to be a mediator.
- is not an unrehabilitated insolvent;
- does not suffer from a mental illness or a severe or profound intellectual disability in terms of the Mental Health Act 2002;
- has not been convicted of a crime involving fraud; dishonesty or violence;
- disassociates him- or herself from conduct that is racist, sexist or inconsistent with the Bill of Rights in the Constitution.